Easter @ Pit!
At the National Coal Mining Museum, we’ve got great ideas for all the family this Easter!
Join us at the Museum for lots of fun activities and meet our living history characters.
- Meet our living history characters 30th March – April 15th.
- Easter Easter egg hunt. Pick up a trail sheet from reception.
- Visit us on 21st April for Yorkshire Geology Day – meet the experts from the Yorkshire Geological Society, enjoy hands-on activities and book a special underground tour.
- Family activities will be on Friday 30th March – 6th April and 9th -13th April 12.30-4pm.
We are in the Activities room. Activities will be – Design a Flag for 30th anniversary completion and design a poster linked to Say It Loud.
- Shadow puppet show.
- Pop up activities from volunteers.
See the daily What’s On sheet in reception for full details of what’s on around the Museum.
Plus for the more inquisitive, why not surprise yourself…
- Take an underground tour 140m below the surface with an ex-miner as your own personal tour guide and discover a world beneath your feet.
- Learn more about the museum’s galleries and original colliery buildings.
- Marvel at the Furnace Shaft – dare you walk over the 140m shaft?
- Visit our pit ponies Eric and Ernie and Clydesdale Finn in the stables.
- Explore the museum’s nature trail and see what creatures big and small you can find.
- Family activity trails available from Reception.
- Download our free app iSPY Explore and see if you can find all the items around the Museum.