Introducing Bob Books: Beautiful, affordable photo books that you can easily create yourself
Sponsored blog for Bob Books
Your favourite memories shouldn’t live on your phone. They should be beautifully printed and put in albums that you and your family can cherish for years to come. We all know how quickly kids grow up, and I promise you, you’ll be forever grateful that you saved the memories!
We always like to properly test-drive the products that we recommend here on Mumbler, so read on to find out how I got on creating my own beautiful photo book with Bobs Books.
Founded in 2006, Bob Books are a small, UK-based company who offer everyone the means to create customised, beautifully crafted photo books to preserve life’s special moments.
From family photo albums, to holiday photo books, you can preserve your memories in print from as little as £14.99. A recent customer survey showed that over 70% of customers chose Bob Books due to the quality.
Customers also have the chance to add text, cover highlights and even video content to their photo books. Once printed, there is the option to post your book publicly or privately on their online Bookshop, to share with family and friends.
From your baby’s first steps to your children’s artwork, preserving those memories is so important
The Mumbler community has teamed up with Bob Books to offer an exclusive discount* for members . Use our exclusive code MUMBLER20 at the checkout to save 20% on your next photo book project.
Some useful tips on how to Create Your First Baby Book
Creating a baby photo book is a wonderful way to celebrate your baby’s important milestones, from their precious first days to other special firsts like sitting, standing or eating solid foods. A baby photo book could document just your baby’s first couple of days, the first six months, or even the whole first year. But regardless of the approach you choose to take, here are a few pointers for putting everything together to create a memorable keepsake.
1. Decide what type of baby book you want to create – One thing to keep in mind is that the photos you include should be edited consistently, using similar colours and tones for each one so the style doesn’t change too much from page to page.
2. Include some photos of parents and siblings too – Although the photo book will be dedicated to your baby, it can also be beautiful to include some photos of all the family.
3. Use your baby book to mark important milestones – Start by making a shot list of all the special moments you want to capture on camera and include in your photo book.
4. Narrow it down and keep everything in one place – Think about the most important moments you’d like to include in your photo book before you get started. This will help you narrow things down and select the most meaningful photos
5. Schedule regular photo shoots – As a busy parent, life often gets in the way of good intentions, so scheduling these “photo days” in advance will help you get plenty of material for your baby photo book.
6. Don’t rush yourself – Creating a photo book can be a lot of work, so be patient with yourself and take all the time you need to put your first baby photo book together.
As Tiny Mumbler has just turned 1 year old, I have made a book of her first year! We took all the milestones like the day she was born, first meeting of her brother, her newborn photo shoot, Christmas, first tastes, playing this Summer and of course her birthday! The photos were easy to upload to Bob Book’s creator programme and different page layouts allowed us to pick the best sizes and aspects! We were able to save the book as we went along which was useful as I really wanted to include the big day itself and had started a few days before. I’ve just received the book through the post. It’s beautiful and I’m really pleased with how it’s turned out! Both of the children love looking at the pictures and it will be a treasured item that will be looked at for years to come … and brought out at her 16th, 18th, 21st!!
* Save 20% with the code MUMBLER20 . Offer valid on photo books, wall art, calendars and photo cards only. Voucher code must be entered during checkout at the time of purchase. Not valid on p&p, gift vouchers, Bob Bookshop orders, Video storage or presentation boxes. Cannot be combined with any other offer or voucher or applied retrospectively to any orders. Offer ends 31st December 2021.